Outreach Is LCFA’s Mission
Lung Cancer Foundation of America is working to change the public perception of lung cancer through education and personal stories about lung cancer.
In 2020, LCFA’s Public Education Initiatives showed forward progress on every element of LCFA’s mission: public awareness of lung cancer, educating lung cancer patients and funding lung cancer research grants.
“If you have lungs, you can get lung cancer.”
“Lung cancer research funding needs to be a priority.”
LCFA on Television and Radio
Due to the Pandemic, LCFA on the Morning News Nationwide initiative turned into a Virtual Media Tour in 2020 with a focus on the importance of Lung Cancer Clinical Trials even during the Pandemic.
In addition to the 32% increase in the organic reach of the latest research news and valuable resources about lung cancer on LCFA’s website, LCFA’s speaker bureau members and grant-winning researchers were part of the following media coverage in 2020:
LCFA Speakers in the News in 2020
The February, 2020 issue of Women’s Health Magazine, featured Montessa Lee in Let’s Dispel The Myth That Only Smokers Get Lung Cancer.
Date: March 27, 2020, Yahoo Finance featured the LCFA Speakers Bureau in Coronavirus and Lung Cancer: Crucial Coronavirus (Covid-19) information on Hope With Answers: Living With Lung Cancer podcasts
On November 25, 2020, American Journal of Managed Care featured LCFA Scientific Advisory Board Member Dr. David Carbone and LCFA Speaker Gina Hollenbeck in The Importance of Cancer Clinical Trials, Even in a Pandemic
2020 Virtual Media Tour Sponsors
The Hope With Answers: Living With Lung Cancer podcast topics have spanned everything from how COVID affects lung cancer patients specifically to how to go about getting a second opinion to what are the most important things to do when a patient is first faced with a lung cancer diagnosis and much, much more.
- 24 total podcasts encompassing a wide variety of topics, including COVID-19 impacts in the lung cancer community
- The Hope With Answers Podcasts have reached an audience that is worldwide with downloads in over 88 countries
- Over 12.2K New Users to LCFA’s website in 2020
- 2021 Q1 New Users growth 92.8%
Additions to the Hope With Answers℠ Video Series
LCFA’s Hope With Answers video series is designed to bring the patient/caregiver/physician conversation into the home.
Available online, Hope With Answers pairs lung cancer patients with leading lung cancer doctors talking about the questions that matter most to lung cancer patients.
- Get the answers from doctors who specialize in lung cancer
- Learn about the best tests and latest effective treatment options
- Plus exciting things that are on the horizon to help lung cancer patient
2020 Hope With Answers Video Sponsors
Outreach by LCFA’s Speakers Bureau
The Lung Cancer Foundation of America’s Speakers Bureau is a group of survivors and those whose lives have been affected by lung cancer. Their mission is to spread awareness, information and hope in the fight against the leading cause of cancer death.
LCFA has continued to build and promote our Speakers Bureau, a cadre of lung cancer patient/advocates, caregivers, and family members who assist with LCFA’s awareness raising initiatives.
In 2020, LCFA Speakers:
- Participated in national Virtual Media Tour and Hope With Answers videos and podcasts
- Worked with LCFA’s copywriter on special “Living With Lung Cancer” stories that are featured on the LCFA website as well as promoted on LCFA’s social media outlets
- Participated in interviews with broadcast/print/web-based media
In addition, LCFA’s Speakers Bureau participants attended media training workshops and regularly promote lung cancer awareness and the need to increase lung cancer research funding on social media, both on LCFA’s platforms as well as their own personal outlets.