Funding More Lung Cancer Research
In 2017, in partnership with the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, LCFA is funding $800,000 in lung cancer research grants, for the very first time. That is:
- 4 grants
- 4 young investigators
- $200,000 awarded per grant
- for 2 years of work
Past LCFA grants have led to groundbreaking discoveries in:
Raising Lung Cancer Awareness
LCFA’s mission is 2-fold: to raise funds for lung cancer research and to raise awareness of the need for those funds. To that end, LCFA produced Satellite Media Tours within 2017 that:
- Reached nearly 45 million people in the United States
- Reached viewers on both broadcast television and the internet and reached listeners on AM/FM radio
- Reached viewers and listeners in both English and Spanish
- Satellite Media Tours aired in top media markets throughout the country
Celebrating LCFA’s 10-Year Anniversary
Also in 2017, Lung Cancer Foundation of America is celebrating our 10-year anniversary. During this time, we have been able to award $2,289,000 in lung cancer grants!
Thank you for your support over the past decade.
LCFA is celebrating our commitment to continuing our important work in 2018 and beyond.